1 Corinthians 13: 1 & 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

10 October 2014

Write a short story in approximately 200 words about what happened next and how it ended to your school newspaper. (Matthew Lai Ka Chun 5D)

Your uncle came to Hong Kong from the Mainland last month. One day, you took him out to go sightseeing. On the MTR, he took out a can of coke and started to drink it. The lady sitting next to him told him politely to stop drinking.
 
Write a short story in approximately 200 words about what happened next and how it ended to your school newspaper.
 
On the MTR to Ocean Park, it was so crowded that a tense atmosphere filled in the train. No one stirred around the compartment when my uncle was asked to stop drinking by that elegant lady.

‘You better give me the coke. I’ll help you hold it, uncle.’ I whispered cautiously.

‘Why should I listen to you?’ I can drink freely in Shenzhen!’ uncle roared abruptly.

Everyone in the train stood all amazed. Some were ready to take their phones out. Most of the passengers stared at my uncle.

‘Mainlanders are so outrageous. Do you actually know Hong Kong is a civilised city?’ the lady sighed with arrogance.

My uncle was quickly infuriated. He squeezed the can and splashed it onto the lady’s long dress. I had no idea what to do next. I just heard someone burst into laughter. It was such a horrifying experience with nerve-wracking sensations.

All of a sudden, the lady stood up calmly and showed her staff card.

‘I am an MTR staff member. I am just having my holiday which deserves to be joyful. But now, you will face prosecution!’ the lady warned firmly.

My uncle was completely shocked. His jaw dropped and he broke out in a cold sweat. Some passengers clapped their hands vigorously. Some were still videotaping the whole experience while some were peeking at the dirty long dress of the lady.

After a few minutes, I accompanied my uncle to the MTR customer care centre. My uncle had his head down with guilt because he knew he would be charged.

‘Are you okay, uncle?’ I asked with a gentle voice.

‘Hong Kong is such a humiliating place!’ uncle responded emotionally.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

No comments: