1 Corinthians 13: 1 & 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

3 July 2012

A Birthday Gift (S.2A Jack Cheng)

Today was Sue’s birthday. She held a birthday party. Her friends gave many beautiful gifts to her. She was happy but she looked forward to my present. One week ago, I told her,

Sue, I will give you an unforgettable birthday gift.”

I look forward to your gift,” Sue said happily.

Now she is hoping to see my gift. Everyone is hoping to see my gift too.

I went to Sue. I gave a bear doll to her. She was shocked and soon became angry. Everyone was surprised. They did not understand why I gave a bear doll to her. They were a bit disappointed with my gift. The doll was cheap.

This was the gift?” Sue said sadly. I looked at her with a smile. She was unhappy.

The party ended and Sue came home with me. We walked along the street, silently. I took out the bear doll. Sue was still disappointed.

Why did you buy such a gift to me? I hate you.”

I looked at her with a smile and said, “There’s …

Suddenly there was a bicycle coming towards Sue. I pushed her away. Next, the bicycle hit me. Then I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital. I was holding the bear doll tight in my hand.

Finally, Sue came to the hospital. She came to see me. She cried over my injury. I took out the bear doll and pressed the doll’s belly.

Happy birthday, Sue!” the doll said. Sue was surprised.

“Happy birthday!” I said happily. Sue hugged me.I love you,” Sue said.

No comments: